Over the last few years much has been going on both public and behind the scenes by a dedicated group of individuals to make the International Gay & Lesbian Football Association a more professional, more inclusive, world class place to play Football (soccer). We continue to work to make LGBTQ+ Football a safe and inclusive place to play.
Below are just a few of the significant things IGLFA has accomplished over the last few years
- Created Friends of IGLFA as a 501(c)(3) non-profit arm of IGLFA – allowing tax benefits for donations to IGLFA
- Created a comprehensive marketing and fundraising document for fundraising
- Registered a new organisation, IGLFA-Global, allowing us access to multi-currency banking facilities
- Received international recognition from FIFA for its Diversity Award
- Worked with Sin city soccer tournament to develop IGLFA indoor championship – Over the 3 years since IGLFA affiliation, the tournament has gone from 16 to 46 teams participating.
- Developed our new website
- Secured upcoming IGLFA tournaments for Washington DC, Sydney, St. Pete (Florida) and Buenos Aires
- Stepped in to save soccer at Out Games Miami when Out Games collapsed
- Established a working relationship with the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation (EGLSF)
We now look to the future to help establish new teams in new geographies, to increase the participation of women’s and trans communities and better serve them as we grow. If you would like to be part of our future and help IGLFA grow and prosper, as a safe and inviting place to enjoy the beautiful game, please volunteer for the IGLFA Board!!
For further details on how you can support IGLFA, please see our page https://www.iglfa.org/support-iglfa/